End of period account balances
    End of period account balances

by Guest » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi,

In GL Controller, is there a report or screen where I can look up the end of period closing balance for a particular GL account?

I have examined the raw data in the glaudXX and glmastXX tables which contain debit and credit figures for each month.

Is our accounts department skipping a particular end of month operation which calculates and records opening/closing balances for each account per period?

Our accounts manager explained that she keeps these balances in Excel format and then reconciles them against the figures in Capital.

I am looking for a way that I can automatically look up the balance (eg, stored in a table or calculated).

If there is a process that we have skipped, can we go back and run the process for all previous periods, or do we need to start a new company database with opening balances for all accounts, and then be sure to run the process from then on?

Thanks,
  • digicate

The question in this top is from digicate, not a guest.

by digicate » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:50 pm

Thanks,
    Kim Groves
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:55 pm

When you edit a general ledger account code the period to date and year to date balances are shown on the record window. However, the period balance depends on which open period you have selected.

An easier way is to select File|Account Navigator from the main menu which shows period activity and yearly balance up to the selected period. If you want to check the end period balance for an earlier period, just change the "period" selection from the drop-down list.

There should not be any special process you need to run to obtain end period balances.