Stock Sales Report
  • Thewy
    Stock Sales Report

by Thewy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:33 am

I am trying to write a report that shows Stock name and number on hand (STOCK_IN), as well as number of sales per item last month, 2 months ago, 3 months ago. Basically so we can see how long the stock on hand should last, and how much to order.

I have been working with the Stock and Contents tables, which I have joined, but I am lost from here, particularly with the calculations to list how many of an item was sold last month etc. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Unfortunately you cannot create such a report by only linking tables together. You must create a cross-tabulated report or use the CrossTab() script function to compile your data first, and then use Visual Builder to display the result. If you do not have this level of technical knowledge you may have to get a technical person write such a report for you.
  • Thewy

by Thewy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:23 pm

I have now created the Cross-Tab report and then displayed it in Visual Builder without a problem. Now what I want to do is add on additional columns to the report. Eg I have displayed Stock Code and Sales per Month, and now I want to add Stock_In to the report.

Is it possible to add additional columns to a Cross-Tab report, from a different table?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am

A cross-tab report is a table like any other table, so your next step would probably be to access the Links tab and join additional tables (such as Stock) to it. Links can sometimes be tricky so whether this is easy or difficult depends on what you cross-tab table currently looks like.